Join Allison and I as we talk about scary moments in our Real Estate careers! Pet Cemetery, Hunted Houses in real life, how to disclose these issues. Do you have a body buried at home? Some older pioneer homes have a few graves on the property. Folks who have died at home? Ghosts and Goblins got you down? Tune in as the Real Estate Hour talks disclosures and real life hauntings!
- Marketing of the Property is Inept!—one photo taken from across the street at twilight is NOT
marketing and shows an inherent absence of a “Standard of care” to the Seller.
This can mean a couple of things—the seller REALLY DOES NOT want to sell and is
stalling or the AGENT doesn’t have a clue and is inept—either way NOT a
formulae for success
- Property Condition—selling a home is selling a home—Remember- a short-sale simply has
ONE major contingency—getting the bank to take less on the amount owed on the
property. That’s IT! Property should have curb appeal, interior staging or at
LEAST cleaning up, be accessible, have a lockbox and be desirable. If it is NOT
any of the above stay away! Continue reading Sonoma County, California buyers–Avoiding 5 pitfalls of a Short-Sale
Sonoma County, California, Alli and I have heartbreaking stories with many home owners in “property distress” who DO NOT know the rules or “milestones” associated with the foreclosure process.
First and foremost is ALWAYS open your mail. I know this is daunting when bills are piling up but you COULD have a juicy compromise from the BANK which could stave off foreclosure! Check with top-flight professionals who know the ropes of foreclosure or selling under financial “distress”. We have CPA’s and Attorneys who KNOW the right questions to ask you. And if a “Short-Sale” is a viable alternative then GIVE ALLISON and I a call for a free consultation. Remember, as Realtors we DO NOT charge UPFRONT FEES! We work on a concept known as a “contingent fee” which means basically–we don’t get paid until WE perform and have the OUTCOME you so desire. In the case of a short-sale it would be a successful sale with the banks and all involved lenders allowing you to sell without any further financial consequences for recourse. Talk to us if you are in need! 707-799-3617. Asset preservation–Family preservation!
Here’s the Web site to use this “Calculator” to determine if waking away from your mortgage makes sense. As always, consult with an attorney and CPA to determine any tax liability or possible debt relief issues. This is reccomended by our guest on Today’s Show, Nicholas Carroll in his book, “Walking Away from Debt–for a Better Future”. CLICK HERE to go to the site.
Thanks to attorney Jeremy Olsan for providing us with special updates on Senate Bill 458 plus Scam updates regarding pre-foreclosures, short-sales and Loan Modifications. Invaluable to any of our listeners facing a situation of a distressed property. He wanted me to post these Department of Real Estate articles for our listening audience. Remember- an informed consumer is the BEST foil against scammers and sharks!
1. FRAUD WARNING REGARDING LAWSUIT MARKETERS REQUESTING UPFRONT FEES FOR SO-CALLED “MASS JOINDER” OR CLASS LITIGATION PROMISING EXTRAORDINARY HOME MORTGAGE RELIEF—Here’s the link to the whole article:
2. Consumer Alert: What You Can Do to Protect Yourself from Getting Ripped Off in Real Estate and Home Loan Relief Scams—Here’s the link to the whole article: http://www.dre.ca.gov/pdf_docs/ca/ConsumerAlert_ProtectYourselfFromGettingRippedOff.pdf
3. New Federal Rule Outlaws Advance Fees and False Claims, and Requires Clear Disclosures, Regarding Mortgage Assistance Relief (including Loan Modification, Short Sale, and Deed-in-Lieu of Foreclosure) Services—Here’s the link to the whole article: http://www.dre.ca.gov/pdf_docs/ca/ConsumerAlert_NewFederalRule.pdf
4. Update to DRE Issued Consumer and Industry Alert(s) Regarding Short Sales Fraud, and Related Issues—Here’s the link to the whole article: http://www.dre.ca.gov/pdf_docs/ca/ConsumerAlert_ShortSalesUpdate.pdf
5. Preventing Real Estate Fraud: How to Protect Yourself and Your Home—Here’s a link to the rest of the story:
Scams that promise to “rescue” you from foreclosure are popping up at an alarming rate nationwide, and you need to protect yourself and your home. Here are ten “red flag” items. Continue reading Ten Warning Signs of a Mortgage Modification Scam
House stealing? Yup! The Internet provides much data for a con man looking to gather information on YOU and YOUR home–then generating falsified documents, recording new data at the County offices–PRANG! Your house is now the property of a Con Man! Read the information and examples to the left. Continue reading HOW to “Steal” a house! FBI Fraud Alerts-Sonoma County Homeowners be Vigilant!
Sonoma County,California Homeowners! Beaware of those “Shark Alerts” and those folks who will scam you and take a big bite out of your wallet.
From the FBI–Just the Facts: Mortgage Fraud Statistics Continue reading Easter Show-Bunnies? Colored Eggs? Nope! LOAN FRAUD,SCAMS,Shark Alerts!