What Kind of questions DO we answer on the show?
Allison and I spend many hours speaking with clients on a variety of issues. Through our email: NoDumbQuestion@gmail.com we have answered questions on the following, hence we also can answer these questions on the show, have, and will continue to do so!!
- Loan Modifications—how to get one, when to ask for one, why would you want one, when NOT to ask for one, tips and tricks, and techniques to get to the powers that beØ
- Short-Sales: We explain just WHAT a short sale is, why you should do one, Tax and Legal ramifications (referral to an attorney and/or accountant/CPA), how long do they take, what is a probable success rate, who are the Players in the short-sale arena, etc.
- Property Values—Estate purposes, Trusts and Fiduciary’s, Homeowner’s thinking of Selling, or possibly refinancing, what determines value, what to do to your property to bring up value, etc
- Buyers—strategies and techniques, getting pre-approved,areas that best fit your families needs, how an offer is structured, escrow procedures, closing costs, etc
- Relocation—we have contacts not only in California but across the nation and throughout the world! I have the CIPS designation from NAR and I have contacts in England, France, Italy and espespecially along the French Riveria—Kukor is the MAN!!
- Investment properties, vacation rentals, Rentals and property managers, Return on Investment, 1031 Tax Deferred Exchanges (go to You Tube and search 1031 you’ll find me!)
- Plus you can see Mike’s Interview with Toni Esposti on 1031 Tax Deferred Exchanges—a classic which stands the test of time and the slowly changing 1031 IRS code! You can go to YOU Tube and search Mike Kelly Realtor and our videos will come up for your viewing pleasure!
Those of you seeking a 1031 IRS exchange, which deferrs your tax until you eventually sell and take your capital gains, this video I recorded earlier on my radio show and since the IRS code for exchanges rarely changes, this video bears watching! I’m going to post all 5 parts of this show.
Below find the links to ALL 5 parts of our 1031 Exchange Broadcast
Part I just click on this LINK to go to You Tube. Alternately you can go to You Tube and search 1031 Exchanges and you’ll see all of the shows plus other video’s I’ve done.
Part 2 just click on this LINK
Part 3 just click on this LINK
Part 4 just click on this LINK
Part 5 just click on this LINK
Jann O’Neil joins us this Sunday on the Real Estate Hour. Here are the basics we will be covering plus we will get into WHY a TRUST could be THE way to go when taking title. Join us for provacative conversation, the latest in Real Estate news and WHY Sonoma County is the greatest place to BUY real estate in the nation!!!
Last year my Realtor Chapter put on a great “Theater night out!” and this year we decided to do it again!! CLICK HERE for information on a fun, family night out!
7pm complimentary hors d’oeuvres & no-host bar
8pm – The Final Scene
A play by local playwright Gene Abravaya
A hilarious romp about a soap opera star who is being written out of the script. She’s fighting for her “Final Scene”, and the fun begins… Continue reading Great Night Out at Sixth Street Playhouse! Fun in Santa Rosa, California!
Brown Reaches Settlement With Wells Fargo Worth More Than $2 Billion to Californians With Risky Adjustable-Rate Mortgages
LOS ANGELES – Attorney General Edmund G. Brown Jr. announced today that Wells Fargo has agreed to provide loan modifications worth more than $2 billion to thousands of California homeowners with “pick-a-pay” loans and to pay an additional $32 million to thousands of borrowers who lost their homes through foreclosure.
None of the loans were made by Wells Fargo. All were originated by World Savings and Wachovia, banks Wells Fargo acquired.
“Customers were offered adjustable-rate loans with payments that mushroomed to amounts that ultimately thousands of borrowers could not afford,” Brown said. “Recognizing the harm caused by these loans, Wells Fargo accepted responsibility and entered into this settlement with my office.”
The pick-a-pay, or pay option adjustable-rate, mortgage loans allowed borrowers to make payments at various levels. The highest level fully covered the monthly interest and principal due. Another level covered interest only. At the minimum level, payment was insufficient to cover the monthly interest owed, and the unpaid interest was added to the loan balance. Continue reading Have a “Pick-A-Pay” loan? Need Modification? Sonoma County and California homeowner’s READ THIS!!
|2010 December Sales Sonoma Cty||Active||CTS||Pending||Sold||Sold DOM||Sold Med|
|Entire Sonoma Cty Marketplace||1555||650||149||411||107||320K|
|Distressed Market Sonoma County|
|REO||286||120||54||137||66||250K||Solds for Reo down 16% year over year-|
|Short Sale||382||399||45||93||186||295K||Sales up 33% from Nov to Dec! Up 14% Nov to Dec!|
|% of market distressed||43%||80%!!!||65%||56%|
|Non-Distresssed–“Normal”||883||129||47||178||99||409K||Sales down 2% Nov to Dec and down year over year 15%!|
The Tree-A-Thon is a “Win Win!”
We are restoring riparian forest on Irwin Creek just upstream from where it empties into the Laguna and at the same time raising needed funds to support our programs. Restoring riparian forests increases wildlife habitat, improves water quality and temperature, and mitigates global climate change. Your donation will support not only this Restoration Program event but our Education and Conservation Science programs as well.
Ready to Donate to the Tree-A-Thon?
It is easy. You can go to our Firstgiving Page and donate directly to the Tree-A-Thon or you can sponsor one our great fundraisers. Go to: http://www.firstgiving.com/32164.
Or go to our main donation page and select Tree-A-Thon from the program list: donate now.
Prefer the US Mail? Just fill out and complete the Pledge Card and mail it in.
David Bannister, Executive Director
(707) 527-9277 ext. 103 email@example.com
The Heart of the Tree
by Henry Cuyler Bunner (verse three)
What does he plant who plants a tree?
He plants, in sap and leaf and wood,
In love of home and loyalty
And far-cast thought of civic good —
His blessing on the neighborhood
Who in the hollow of His hand
Holds all the growth of all our land —
A nation’s growth from sea to sea
Stirs in his heart who plants a tree.
Below is from a series of emails I’ve had with David Bannister, our guest today on the Real Estate Hour, as we delve into the large eco-system many of us just call “the laguna”. Over 250 square miles, this vital eco-system provides flood control and supports a diverse, intricate eco-system of wetlands, forests and all sorts of winged creatures big and small plus many a critter! I’ll let David give us a thorough explanation of one of Sonoma County’s Natural Resources! We will be talking about their annual “Tree-a-Thon” where hundreds of trees are planted to aid in the restoration of the Laguna. To make a DONATION click HERE!
Today, thanks to the efforts of the Laguna Foundation and others, people are starting to realize that the “purposes” the Laguna has been put to over the last 160 years by humans are not the only purposes of an ecosystem. We try to make people realize that natural systems like the Laguna provide a host of ecosystem services to humans:
- Flood protection-It is estimate that the 1964 Guerneville flood would have been 40 feet higher if not for the Laguna holding water back and releasing it slowly to the Russian.
- Carbon sequestration in riparian forests –Hence the Treeathon? Let’s also make sure we explain these concepts in listener friendly terms! But I find this very intriguing that this great bio-mass called the Laguna, in a very healthy state, would aid in slowing global warming.
- Natural beauty and the ecotourism that follows—What are all those cars doing parked there? I never see anyone but the cars are always around the bridge? Docent led trips? Fisherman?
- Wildlife habitat and some of that wildlife becomes food sources- Salmon/steelhead, deer, waterfowl, etc. Is the CTS in this mix? Continue reading Today’s Show! Laguna Foundation–David Bannister on why we need to preseve the Laguna De Santa Rosa!