This month’s PFAC meeting (Professional Fiduciary Association of California) focused on firearms, ammunition and explosives you might find in the home of a deceased or conserved homeowner, and what to do with them.
Captain Gary Negri (ret.) – Santa Rosa Police Dept. and
Sergeant Rob Douglas (ret.) – Sonoma County Sheriff’s Dept. lead an informative and interactive talk on the following topics:
1) Safety risks that a fiduciary or legal professional is likely to encounter in the course of their work when a client owns weapons.
2) What the Trustee, fiduciary or attorney needs to be aware of when entering a client’s home environment.
3) The potential assaultive behaviors that can occur when guns are in the home, and what steps can be taken to minimize risks.
4) What procedures and laws must be followed to handle, transfer, sell or dispose of guns in an estate.
5) Important conversations for attorneys to have with clients about firearms during the estate planning process.
6) How to identify and distinguish various types of weapons.
If you find firearms, ammunition or explosives in a home; DO NOT transport them, DO NOT walk into the police department with them, call the local police Department or Sheriffs Department. For explosives and ammunition larger than 50 caliber (approx 4 inch bullet) you are required to call the local bomb squad. ALWAYS err on the side of safety.
If you need help settling a the real estate portion of an estate, or you need a stepped up basis for tax purposes, give us a call 707-799-3617 or, email NoDumbQuestion.com
O.K.–we get rents are too high, but this Change.org, Sonoma County, Ca “Rent Control” proposal is just TOO restrictive and TOO Machiavellian in scope. I can’t believe those who signed this actually read it! On the flip side some of the local landlords have been increasing rents astronomically. If you don’t’ want regulation then you need to get your greed in check. If not–you’ll face THIS proposed ordinance!
Follow this link to vote for “Mike Kelly and Allison Norman -The Kelly Norman Team” for your favorite “Real Estate Agent” in Sonoma County
The Press Democrat’s “Best of Sonoma County 2015”!! Here’s your chance to give a big shout out to all of your favorite local business. Follow the links below and vote for your favorites in all 4 categories; “Real Life” (Here’s where you can vote the Kelly Norman Team as your favorite Real Estate Agent), “Eating and Drinking“, “So Sonoma County“, and “Fun Living”