The media is sending mixed messages, as usual. So, we asked Otto to give us some real information….straight from the trenches.
At the beginning of the week there were reports saying, ” FHA-backed mortgages will be halted in a shutdown” Only to later be “updated” and corrected.
Just to be clear; FHA is not halting. If you are in the process, or even beginning the process of qualifying for a loan, any loan, DON’T STOP!
However, Otto will explain some issues that may arise, if the shutdown continues, and how the underwriters for most types of loans are trying to accommodate.
The National Association of Realtors (NAR) has released a list of those areas of the shutdown which may effect the real estate market.
The NAR notes that most FHA, VA and Conventional Loans will continue to be processed, but possible delays should be anticipated.
- FHA multi-family property loans that do not have a loan commitment yet, will be problematic. However, loans will continue to be processed in the FHA single-family loan program.
- USDA loans will be problematic if the borrower has not received conditional commitment from the Rural Development office
- Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae and the Federal Housing and Finance Agency will continue to operate normally.
- The Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) has announced that there will be no processing or recording of property transactions on Leased Indian Tribal Land during the government shutdown.
- Social Security and IRS shutdowns will be where most of the delays and issues come from…depending on just how long this shut-down continues. (one might say…”a ticking time bomb”, unless a work-around is found.)
With that said, Otto will fill us in on the reality of all of this. What is he actually seeing? What is he anticipating?… This is where the REAL information comes from.
Branch Manager / Sr. Loan Officer
1400 N. Dutton Avenue Suite 5
Santa Rosa, CA 95401
Office: (707) 522-6300
Direct: (707) 522-6300 Ext. 11
Fax: (707) 522-6303
BRE License: 00981742
– See more at: http://www.summitfunding.net/okobler#sthash.V8xQkPOg.dpuf
Tune us in this, and every, Sunday ~ 9:00-10:00am . 1350AM KSRO ~ Call in; 707-636-1350
Stay Informed; The latest information will continue to be posted to realtor.org/governmentshutdown. Or, email Mike And Allison at; NoDumbQuestion@gmail.com