“Sonoma County Energy Independence Program” will kick off the “Green” year of 2010 this Sunday on the Real Estate Hour. Allison Norman, long a “greenie” and neighborhood leader, plus co-host, will be discussing the SCEIP program which stands for “Sonoma County Energy Independence Program”. We will be featuring trusted contractor’s approved for the program plus auditors to determine WHAT your house may need to bring you increased energy efficiency. The “Green” will also equate to some “Green” in your pockets!! To view the program report and administrative guidelines click here!
Here are some points on the program:
SCEIP—Sonoma County Energy Independence Program
NOT a “point of sale” program
- Voluntary Contractual Assessment Program—AB811 authorizing Cities/counties.
- Must be permanently affixed to res,comm.,industrial property
- Request and Consent of the property owners—Energy AND Water Conservation
- Payable semi-annual installments with Prop. Tax Bill
- Serves Multi-faceted Purpose: provides homeowner energy/water conservation to reduce utility bills, boosts local economy—contractors to work, allows Son Cty to fulfill energy/water/climate protection commitments
- Goal-Cities within & SonCty—reduce greenhouse gas emission 25% below 1990 levels by 2015.
- Program financing—no money down, fixed rate financing, over a number of years. Rate now at 7%.
- Requirements: Property vested in applicants, Curent on taxes, not in bankruptcy, current on mortgage, Improvements “reasonable to prop. Value”, not exceed 10% of assessed value
- Covers: Water Conservation-low flow toilets, tankless water heaters, irrigation controllers, Energy—windows/doors, attic insulation, HVAC equip, Solar—solar energy generation/solar hot water systems
- Onsite survey by hiring a “Home Energy Rating Systems (HERS) rater. Cost included in the application for financing
- Commercial properties qualify similarly.
- Min Financing amt: Min–$2,500.00. 10-20 year assessment repayment period $5,000 below. No “Cap”. However, cost exceeding $60,000 will need approval of the “Program Administrator. Excess of $500,000 need Board of Supervisor’s approval.
- County initial outlay–$45,000 Bond money.
- Go to: www.Sonomacountyenergy.org for application. Or call: 707-521-6200 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org for all the details.