green cleaning solutions! Lemons are great to use as because they have an anti-bacterial effect and are thought to contain antioxidant and anti-carcinogenic properties.offer multiple purposes around the home and are perfect for
If you are the DIY’er and like to make your own green cleaners, here are 5 uses for lemon to try the next time your ready to freshen-up the house!
- Microwave cleaning- Have stains or odors in the microwave? Heat a bowl of water and in your microwave for 1 minute; then wipe out. Stains will be easier to remove and old food odors neutralized.
- Toilet cleaning- Mix 1/2 cup borax and a cup of lemon juice for a that will leave the toilet cleaning and smelling fresh.
- Glass cleaning- Mix 4 tablespoons of lemon juice with half a gallon of water to make an effective green window cleaner.
- Fridge cleaning- Half of lemon stored in the refrigerator will help control unpleasant smells.
- Kitchen drains- Hot lemon juice and baking soda is a good that is safe to use in septic systems. If you have a garbage disposal, toss in some lemon peels occasionally to keep it smelling fresh.