What is ReStore?
ReStore is a home improvement outlet store that sells donated, new, used, and surplus goods to the public at a greatly reduced prices. Every penny of profit is used to support Habitat for Humanity of Sonoma County.
ReStore also accepts donations of most “Home Improvement” type items. Call for a list of items they cannot accept.
What is Habitat?
Habitat for Humanity of Sonoma County is dedicated to improving lives by building modest, affordable homes in Sonoma County. Volunteers from the community and the families who will live in these affordable houses build them together. Our vision is for every person in Sonoma County to have a simple, decent place to live.
Learn more about Habitat for Humanity at their main website: http://sonomacountyhabitat.org
Lemons are NOT just for Lemonade. Lemons offer multiple purposes around the home and are perfect for green cleaning solutions! Lemons are great to use as cleaning agents because they have an anti-bacterial effect and are thought to contain antioxidant and anti-carcinogenic properties.
If you are the DIY’er and like to make your own green cleaners, here are 5 uses for lemon to try the next time your ready to freshen-up the house!
- Microwave cleaning- Have stains or odors in the microwave? Heat a bowl of water and lemon slices in your microwave for 1 minute; then wipe out. Stains will be easier to remove and old food odors neutralized.
- Toilet cleaning- Mix 1/2 cup borax and a cup of lemon juice for a toilet cleaner that will leave the toilet cleaning and smelling fresh.
- Glass cleaning- Mix 4 tablespoons of lemon juice with half a gallon of water to make an effective green window cleaner.
- Fridge cleaning- Half of lemon stored in the refrigerator will help control unpleasant smells.
- Kitchen drains- Hot lemon juice and baking soda is a good drain cleaner that is safe to use in septic systems. If you have a garbage disposal, toss in some lemon peels occasionally to keep it smelling fresh.
Listen to Mike on "The Real Estate Hour", Sundays, 9 to 10am PST, 1350AM,103.5 FM or www.KSRO.com